Public Meeting. No More Band-aid Solutions: End The Housing Crisis!
NO MORE BAND-AID SOLUTIONS. END THE HOUSING CRISIS!
6:30pm Thursday 14th October
Corner of Lygon and Victoria Streets, Carlton
LES TWENTYMAN, OAM from the 20th MAN FUND
STEPHANIE MENDIS from the HOTHAM MISSION ASYLUM SEEKERS PROJECT
A representative from the COUNCIL OF SINGLE MOTHERS AND THEIR CHILDREN
Screening of THEIR VOICES, a documentary about homelessness
All speakers will discuss how the housing crisis is hurting Victorians, outline the solutions that are urgently required and take questions from the audience. Housing Minister Richard Wynne has been invited, but has stated he will be unavailable.
Join us for the End The Housing Crisis Rally at Housing Minister Richard Wynne’s electoral office at 112 Smith St, Collingwood from 4.30pm on Friday November 12th to demand:
• Greatly expanded investment in public housing
• Legislation to limit rent increases
• An end to illegal evictions
• An improvement in standards for rooming houses & the prosecution of rogue operators
• Increased funding for housing cooperatives
• Support for green housing
• More research into sustainable infrastructure improvement and alternative living options (such as housing cooperatives)
• An end to privatisation and the corporate control of housing
Presented by City Is Ours
Events endorsed by Community Radio 3CR, Communications Workers Union Victoria, Friends of the Earth, Green Renters, Earthsharing, Socialist Party, Homeless Front, Socialist Alliance, 20th Man Fund, Freedom Socialist Party, Food Not Bombs, Fitzroy Legal Service, Revolutionar Socialist Part. Unitarian Church.